Hypnosis is one of the most effective modalities for reducing Test Anxiety. Many students have difficulty achieving the grades they deserve because test anxiety holds them back. The knowledge is there but it will not come forth during test time because of the anxiety.
A little nervousness prior to a test is normal and can help to sharpen the mind and create focus. But with Test Anxiety, feelings of self doubt tend interfere with your performance which affects your score. Test Anxiety can affect anyone, no matter what age or level of schooling. In fact, many employees are potential employees have to pass tests to keep or acquire employment.
THE FIVE CAUSES OF TEST ANXIETY:
· Test anxiety is a learned behavior.
· The association of grades and personal worth causes test anxiety.
· Test anxiety can come from a feeling of a lack of control.
· Test anxiety can be caused by a teacher embarrassing a student.
· Being placed into course above your ability can cause test anxiety.
· Test anxiety develops from fear of alienation from parents, family, and friends due to poor grades.
· Test anxiety can be caused by timed tests and the fear of not finishing the test, even if one can do all the problems